Florence THIBAUT (F), M.D., Ph.D., is Professor of Psychiatry at the University Hospital Cochin Paris and the Paris University, Psychiatrist and Endocrinologist, PhD in Neurosciences.
Her main interests are in womens’ mental health, in the search for candidate genes in schizophrenia and addictive disorders and in sexual violence. She is Member of INSERM U1266, Institute for Psychiatry and Neurosciences.
- She is Past President of the French Association for Biological Psychiatry (2009-).
- She is Honorary President of the World Federation of Societies of Biological Psychiatry (2013-).
- She is President of the International Association for Women’s Mental Health (2019-2022).
- She is an EC Member of the International Neuropsychiatric Association (2013-).
- She is Editor-in-Chief of Dialogues in Clinical Neurosciences (2014-) (IF 5.3). She is a Member of the Editorial Board of the European Archives Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences and the Archives of Women’s Mental Health. She is a Member of several national and European jury boards for grants allocations.
- She is author or coauthor of more than 250 papers (155 in PubMed), 5 books (genetics of schizophrenia and psychiatric aspects of deviant sexual disorders, neurosciences in psychiatry, sexual abuse, antipsychotics) and 70 books chapters (Factor H: 36-41). She was an invited speaker in many national and international meetings (480 communications including more than 60 lectures).
- She has coordinated several national and international congresses (WFSBP; IAWMH). She is involved in the scientific committee of the European Psychiatric Association and the European College of Neuropsychopharmacology.
- She was a member of the French drug agency, of the national board for neuroscience research (INSERM). She was Vice-President of the national board of Professors in addiction. She has coordinated several research grants (including national research programs in France).
- She is the current Chair of the Scientific Committee of the French Association of Families of Mentally-Ill people (member of GAMIAN).
- She is an elected member of the Senat of the Paris University and of the Executive Board of its Faculty of Health.
- Knight of the Legion of Honour (given by the Minister of Gender equality) July 2019
- Excellence in Education WFSBP award in 2017